Based on Experience
JOB DESCRIPTION AND DUTIES:
• Oversees purchase of materials and supplies from vendors, and coordinates preparation of purchase orders based upon approved requisitions.
• Processes change orders and communicates with vendors regarding material, quantity and rate revisions.
• Follows-up on orders to expedite deliveries.
• Verifies invoices against original orders to ascertain compliance with all conditions of purchase prior to payment, and the maintenance of purchase order files and related purchasing records.
• Ensures appropriate materials are on-hand to meet production demands.
• Maintain and monitor inventory, in conjunction with Warehouse Manager to ensure inventory supply levels remain in bounds, taking into consideration item supply and demand.
• Maintain Minimum Order Quantity, Lot Multipliers, and Lead Times for items.
• Consult with Warehouse Manager, Sales and Project Managers on order locations, on-time delivery performance, and communicate to suppliers regarding improvement requirements.
• Communicate with Project Managers regularly regarding new orders, special orders, change orders, long lead times, and quality concerns.
• Must be able to act on information presented.
• Coordinate with Accounting to ensure purchasing documents are properly completed, current, and terms and conditions of purchases are satisfactory.
• Coordinate with Production and Scheduling regarding current material ETA’s, work orders, job scheduling
• Maintain and develop supplier relationships to ensure adequate resources for all projects and continually improve pricing and efficiency.
• Assist with job costing to ensure budgetary goals and requirements are met.
• Develop, maintain, and streamline purchasing processes and procedures.
• Develop, lead and execute purchasing strategies
• Craft negotiation strategies and close deals with optimal terms
• Forecast price and market trends to identify changes of balance in buyer-supplier power
• Monitor and forecast upcoming levels of demand
• Proven working experience as purchasing manager, agent or officer
• Familiarity with sourcing and vendor management
• Interest in market dynamics along with business sense
• A knack for negotiation and networking
• Working experience of vendor management software
• Ability to gather and analyze data and to work with figures
• Solid judgement along with decision making skills
• Strong leadership capabilities
• Requires 5+ years of work experience in purchasing, preferably in flooring, manufacturing or construction-related industry.
• Ability to make decisions that require detailed analysis and investigation with solutions requiring significant original thinking.
• Emphasis on customer service, results, diplomacy, multitasking and priority setting.
• Must possess computer proficiency in MS Office (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
• Must perform well under deadlines
• Strong MS Office skills, advanced Excel skills
• Experience working with RFMS systems, or similar flooring relational databases a plus
• BS degree in supply chain management, logistics or business administration certifications
• Physical abilities
To learn more about our company, visit: www.carpetsnmore.com
HOW TO APPLY:
Click here to apply