This issue we’re highlighting the mobile technology company, busybusy, which designs innovative software and mobile apps that make doing business simple. As a construction-focused company and member of NSA, their main focus is providing timely information that makes contractors more efficient, productive and profitable. Their easy-to-use mobile time tracking system automates time and labor tracking, job costing, and project documentation.
The biggest challenge for today’s contractors is managing the cost and productivity of labor. Materials and equipment costs can be calculated very accurately, but labor is another story. Almost every owner of a construction-related business knows how hard it is to accurately project man-hours needed for a project, and how tough it is to keep track of labor costs and manage the project through to completion. Wasted time and inefficient use of man-hours can mean the difference between success and failure.
For any business, obsolete paper timecards are one of the biggest time wasters. They create inefficiency, increase labor costs (through padding and rounding errors) and distract from productive work. Additionally, many computer-based time clock systems are clunky, hard to use and not optimized for today’s mobile workforce.
The clear solution is to capitalize on mobile communications technology, using commonly available smartphones and mobile devices to automate your time card system. This enables the integration of timesheet management, task assignment, project planning and payroll processes. Using a mobile timecard system lets you gather, access and analyze labor data in real time, from any location. What’s more, the resulting integration takes your business to the next level of performance. It allows your company to fully utilize the labor cost data already being generated in order to make better, smarter, faster business decisions.
The busybusy app, running on iOS/Android mobile devices or any internet-connected computer, provides you with:
- Easy clock-in/clock-out from a smartphone
- Instant access to timecard data from the field
- GPS location of crews and personnel as they clock in and out
- Detailed reports on labor costs and project progress
- Business analytics for more accurate, competitive bidding
- The ability to know if you’re on budget at any time during the job
- Reduced workman’s comp rates and liability to department of labor suits
- Easy export of timesheets to payroll program or service
- Digital employee signatures on time cards
The NSA and busybusy are closely aligned in the goal of improving the business environment for the construction industry. The purpose of busybusy, and the concepts that underpin its unique technology-based tools for contractors, make it a natural ally of NSA. No other system on the market gives you the same combination of powerful tools, advanced technology, flexibility, and affordability. The busybusy app is customized for the construction contractors, taking into account their unique demands.
- Streamlined interface designed by contractors for contractors.
- Competitive pricing, based on number of employees.
- Monthly subscription service, no long-term contracts.
- Free 30-day trial period, so there’s no risk.
Start today to automate and transform your business, save money and increase your bottom line. See more at busybusy.com and contact us for a personalized demo.