Desert Steel is one of the top iron companies in Las Vegas. We started as a small wrought iron company and have flourished into one of the major players in town. Desert Steel has a vast market share of residential and commercial builders. We specialize in ornamental iron, fencing, gates, automation and structural steel. We believe that offering a variety of expertise to our customers, we can better serve the needs of our client base.
Desert Steel is seeking a qualified Wrought Iron Production Manager . This is a full time position with 50+ hours a week. There is room for growth within the companies as we want you to succeed with us.
- THIS IS A SALARY POSITION THAT INCLUDES BENEFITS AND PAID VACATION
- PERFORMANCE BASED BONUS
The Wrought Iron Production Manager will manage a team of welders and be responsible for streamlining our production process for maximum output. They would work closely with field superintendants to maintain an organized schedule of iron installation. They would also work with our powder coat manager to ensure they are getting the material in a timely manner for proper powder coating. Our metal fabrication department produces wrought iron products for customers valley wide including homebuilders, commercial builders and custom homeowners. The main responsibility is to oversee and manage all department activities, by providing guidance, knowledge and direction for the department. The general responsibilities of the Wrought Iron Production Manager consist of, but are not limited to the following:
- Oversee planning, organization and control of workloads with-in department
- Provide quality control and review fabrication techniques
- Strong knowledge of wrought iron fabrication
- Purchasing of steel products and equipment
- Coordinate workflow of projects with the field and powder coat shop
- Organize and manage material inventory for shop
- Hiring of of welders and shop foreman
- Collaborate with the Shop Foreman to establish production schedules
- Oversee safety and general housekeeping of department and crew
- Train and develop personal
- Keep strong customer focused attitude
- 2 Years’ experience in fabricating of ornamental iron, fencing and gates
- Strong skillset in MIG Welding
- Ability to prioritize, organize and multitask
- Ability to understand and speak English (Bilingual preferred)
- Must be able to work overtime as required
- Ability to work in a physically demanding environment which includes, lifting, bending, standing
- Knowledge of current building codes
- Knowledge and experience with various welding, bending, machining and cutting equipment
If you are interested, please do reply with resume and/or brief description of past experiences. Please include phone number and email address.
We look forward to hearing from you.